I am Amanda.
I specialize in using massage as part of a treatment plan for:
-Athletic maintenance (massage for athletes/active people.)
-Post-surgery or post-injury rehabilitation
My clients have included players from the NFL, MLB, and NHL. (Go Eagles!/Phillies!/Flyers!)
I aim to use massage as a means to aid your body in changing/ returning to a healthier state–
- Help compensating muscles stay limber and injury-free by reducing adhesions and releasing trigger points.
- Break up scar tissue and limit its formation, including but not limited to post-surgery and post-injury.
- Facilitate proper bone alignment by relaxing overstressed muscles.
- Encourage release of trauma stored in muscle memory.
- Reduce blood pressure and promote relaxation.
I use a combination of modalities to reach your goals, including deep tissue techniques, myofascial release (MFR), CranioSacral therapy, neuromuscular facilitation & trigger point therapy.
I believe that the impact of intentioned, educated touch can be enormous, but that the true ability to heal is only present in the body of the client.
-BA: Swarthmore College – psychobiology special major (biology of behavior.)
-Massage Diploma: Cortiva Institute (formerly Pennsylvania School of Muscle Therapy)
-Reiki (Levels 1 & 2) – Abington Memorial Hospital
-CranioSacral Therapy (Level 1 & 2) – Upledger Institute
Artwork of tree on homepage used with permission from the talented artist Zana Bass.